The MSR Alpine Stowaway 475ml base camp cook set is made of sturdy stainless steel and has a handle that serves as a closure. The Alpine Stowaway pot is a basic equipment when camping and is very hard-wearing.
We all know the age old adage, “a watched pot never boils.” Well, with the MSR Alpine Stowaway 475ml saucepan set, you can finally put that idiom to bed. This set is the perfect size for boiling water, or cooking in the outdoors for one or two people, and it’s so lightweight and compact that you can take it with you anywhere.
First Impressions of the cooking pot:
The best part about the MSR Alpine Stowaway 475ml saucepan set is that it comes with its own storage bag, so you can stow it away in your backpack or suitcase without taking up too much space. And when you’re ready to use it, the set pops open like an accordion, so you can easily access everything you need.
MSR Alpine Stowaway Pros and Cons
- The Stanley Camp Cook Set is good because it is made of durable stainless steel, has a stowaway/locking lid, and is ready to be used on an open fire or stove. The locking handle is a good feature, but it is in a inconvenient location.
- The pot has a lid that can be locked and a handle that can be snapped down so it can be lifted up. You can put food in it and hang it from a rope to keep it away from bears.
- Excellent design
- Compact and heavy gauge stainless steel.
- The MSR 1.1 Liter Stowaway pot is a high-quality pot that can be turned into a mess kit with the addition of a bowl and cup.
- Scratch and dent resistant stainless steel stands up in the most rugged conditions.
- The StowAway pot is heavier than the Titanium pot, but it is also more durable.
- Is not offered in a kit
The 775ml MSR Alpine Stowaway is a pot that can be used with the Ohuhu® Camping Stove/ Backpacking Stove – Portable Stainless Steel Wood Burning Stove. The stove collapses down and fits inside the pot, and the whole pot fits inside a mesh drawstring bag that comes with the stove. This pot and stove combination is perfect for camping because it takes up very little space.
What else can you use MSR Alpine Stowaway Pots?
- Great for storing gear or supplies when you’re not cooking