To be a good cook, you need to have the right cookware. With a Lodge dutch oven combo: skillet, lid, and deep skillet all in one, you’ll be ready for anything! This cookware is made in America with iron and oil, and it’s seasoned and ready to use, so you can start cooking immediately.
When looking for cookware, you have a few different options to choose from. There are ceramic pans that heat up quickly and are supposed to dissipate heat evenly, thin pans that are supposed to be quick and easy to clean, and heavy-duty black pots and pans that are supposed to last a long time. Cast iron cookware is one of the oldest and most popular non-stick cooking options, and there are a few reasons why people like it. Cast iron cookware is heavy, so it doesn’t move around when you’re cooking, heats up slowly, and doesn’t overcook your food.
- Length: 16.56 IN
- Height: 4.56 IN
- Weight: 12.85 lbs (5.83 kg)
- Width: 10.5 IN
- 3-Qt. Dutch Oven
- Cooking Surface: Cast iron
- Weight: 12.32 pounds
- Best Use: Camping
- Seasoned with 100% natural vegetable oil
- This is a pan. You can cook with it on the stove, in the oven, or over a campfire.
- You can sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry, or grill with it.
- Made in the USA
- Included in the combo: 10.25-Inch Shallow Skillet
- Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating( Chef tested and approved)
Why Should you choose Lodge dutch oven combo?
Lodge is the only company that makes full lines of American-made cast iron cookware. The cookware is known for its even heating, natural, easy-release finish, versatility, and durability. The cookware is made smooth and dark on the outside through seasoning. Seasoning helps prevent the cookware from rusting and sticking.
This cookware set includes a shallow frying pan and a deeper skillet, which have different purposes. The deeper skillet makes larger volumes of food, such as gravy, while the shallow frying pan is good for frying and browning things.
The Lodge cooking set is designed with thick walls to help retain heat and prevent food from scorching.
The best cookware for gourmet and open-flame cooking is a Dutch oven. It is a heavy pot with a lid that can be used for cooking over an open flame, such as a campfire.
Caring For Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron
Lodge makes cookware for the stove top, campfire, and anywhere between. Their cookware is already seasoned and ready to use. You can wash them by hand and rinse-spray them out with water. No soap ever! And then dry it promptly and thoroughly. You should rub a very light layer of vegetable oil on the cookware while it is still warm. You can hang or store the cookware in a dry place. Put them on the burner for a couple of minutes. The heat will evaporate all the water.
What do we like about the Iron Cast Cooking Duo?
- The Dutch oven has a sturdy handle and a reliable hole so you can hang it when you’re not using it.
- This cookware is made for outdoor cooking, like camping. It is made of durable, hard-anodized aluminum that is non-stick and oven safe to 500 degrees.
- This set is made of natural materials( no synthetic coating) and is, therefore, safe to cook with.
- It has excellent heat retention and cooks food evenly. It is pre-seasoned so that you can use it immediately after purchase.
- Campfires are a great place to use cast iron cookware because of the iron tempers’ thickness down the fire’s heat. This allows the camp chef to make meals that are just as good as they would at home.
- The pot can be used for Cooking Tagines as good as Le Creuset set, But at a fraction of the price.
What We Don’t: Heavy, Requires specific care, Difficult to clean
The Lodge Combo Cooker is a cast-iron skillet and Dutch oven that is both affordable and versatile. It is perfect for cooking various dishes, including baking, frying, grilling, and sautéing. The Combo Cooker is also easy to store when not in use and can be easily transferred back to your kitchen when you are finished camping.
Cast iron is very durable and can last a long time, but it is important to take care of it. Cast iron can rust if it is exposed to moisture, so it needs to be washed in a specific way to preserve the non-stick coating. Cast iron also needs to be seasoned before it is used, which can be done by heating it up and then rubbing it with oil.